Lip Fillers Specialist in Bayonne, NJ
Lip fillers work by restoring volume and a desirable contour to the lips. Get top-rated lip fillers by experienced medical professionals of Advanced Cosmesis Med Spa. Call us today for more information or schedule an appointment online. Our med spa is located at 680 Broadway, Bayonne, NJ 07002.
Table of Contents:
With the many types of fillers available, lip fillers are among the most popular. Lips are one of the most sultry and sought-after features, leading many to enhance this area. Some fillers are designed to add volume to the lips, while others are specifically created to address signs of aging around the mouth, such as wrinkles and fine lines.
There are many types of fillers that are commonly used for lips, including Juvederm, Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Juvederm Volbella, Restylane, and Restylane Silk. These are all composed of hyaluronic acid, but differ in application, such as thicknesses and appearance. Hyaluronic acid is a sugar derivative naturally found in the body and the connective tissues of all mammals. Remarkably, it has the ability to hold up to 1,000 times its own weight in water; for that reason, it is perfect for both hydrating the skin and plumping the lips. Hyaluronic acid is also the preferred filler type for its natural-looking results and advantageous ability to dissolve over time.
Lip injections are considered safe; it is rare for lip fillers to cause serious problems, but possible side effects may include:
• The appearance of lumps under the skin
• Blocked blood vessels that can cause necrosis
If something does not feel or look right following a lip injection procedure, reach out to the office and tell them about your concerns.
The cost of lip injections varies from one treatment to the next and is heavily dependent upon several factors, including:
• The location of the clinic
• The type of filler used
• The amount of filler used
• The clinic’s pricing structure
• The administering clinician’s level of experience
Based on the aforementioned factors, injections can cost anywhere from $550 to $2,000, which may require follow-up sessions to maintain results every six to nine months. When choosing a provider for lip fillers, it is imperative to not be tempted by cheap discounts; paying less often means the provider is less experienced and can increase the risk of an adverse reaction, such as infection, rejection, or distortion.
After the procedure, there are several steps that should be taken to help the lips heal:
• Apply Ice Packs — Using cold therapy can help numb pain as well as slow blood flow that can result in bruising.
• Avoid Alcohol — Any alcoholic drinks should be avoided for at least 24 hours after the procedure; this can lead to excessive bruising.
• Avoid Strenuous Exercise — Do not do any vigorous exercise for two days after getting filler as this increases blood flow, which can contribute to bruising.
• Returning to Work — Regular activities can be resumed immediately after the procedure; however, the lips can be swollen and/or bruised for up to three days.
• Results — Depending on how long it takes to metabolize the filler, results can last for longer than a year; however, individual results will vary.
• Medical Conditions — For patients who experience cold sores around their mouth, lip injections can trigger an outbreak. Please inform the administering clinician about this or related conditions and they may be able to reduce the risk of an outbreak.
If you live in Bayonne, NJ, and are looking for lip fillers, come to Advanced Cosmesis Med Spa! Our clinicians specialize in lip fillers and can help you achieve fuller, more desirable lips!
Advanced Cosmesis Med Spa offers top-rated lip fillers. Call us today to book an appointment for lip fillers, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 680 Broadway, Bayonne, NJ 07002. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients from Bayonne NJ, Jersey City NJ, Hoboken NJ, Elizabeth NJ, Newark NJ, and Hillside NJ.