Juvederm Fillers Questions and Answers
Advanced Cosmetics Med Spa offers Juvederm fillers to help slow the signs of aging. Call us today or schedule an appointment online to renew, refresh, and recharge your aging process. Our med spa is located at 680 Broadway, NJ 07002.
Table of Contents:
Juvederm fillers are an FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that is injected into specific areas of the face to help minimize the signs of aging. Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced in our bodies, making this a safe product to use in the fight against aging. There are several different injectable products under the Juvederm brand, with each product designed to treat a specific concern and provide results within a targeted area. The fillers can be used to redefine the contours of the face and help smooth the face to improve the signs of aging. Juvederm fillers have a gel-like consistency for a smooth application and natural looking end result under the skin’s surface. The procedure itself is minimally invasive as it does require a needle piercing the skin’s surface to inject the filler beneath the surface of the skin. A consultation will need to be done prior to the procedure in order to discuss your goals and expected results, to ensure Juvederm is the right product for your needs. A treatment can often be done on the same day as the consultation as the procedure itself only takes between 15 and 60 minutes, depending on the area being treated.
Juvederm has an extensive product line, with each different product targeting a different area of the face to provide results specific to that region. Juvederm fillers can be used on the lips, cheeks and around the mouth. The different products in the Juvederm line include:
• Juvederm Volux is used to create and restore volume to the chin and jaw area. Results in this area can last anywhere from 18 months to two years following treatment.
• Juvederm Volite is used to enhance the texture and overall quality of the skin on the face and neck by providing deep hydration to smooth skin depressions and minimize fine lines. Results from this product can last up to 9 months.
• Juvederm Voluma is used on the cheeks and chin to restore and enhance volume with results lasting up to two years following treatment.
• Juvederm Volbella is used on the lips to provide fullness, reduce fine lines and balance out asymmetrical lips. It can also be used surrounding the eyes to provide volume in the tear troughs. Results from this product can last up to 12 months following treatment.
• Juvederm Volift is used to fill in and smooth out deep lines and wrinkles and shape the lips to take a couple of years off of the patient’s appearance. The results have been shown to last up to 18 months following treatment.
Each person who receives a Juvederm filler will have different results, including how long the treatment lasts. A variety of factors can impact how long the filler lasts, such as your age, metabolism, the size of the area being treated, how severe the issue is that is being treated and which product is being used. As hyaluronic acid is a substance that our bodies naturally produce, it will also break down naturally over time. Results from Juvederm fillers have been shown to last for one to two years before additional maintenance treatments are needed. Your dermatologist or other medical professional performing the injections can let you know during your consultation how long you can expect your results to last based on your individual concerns and your goals for treatment.
The number of treatments required will vary by person. Everyone’s needs and goals are different, and your dermatologist can help you to understand how many injections will be required to meet your goal and build out a personalized treatment plan to reach that goal. The number of treatments needed will be affected by how large the area is that is being treated and how advanced or severe the signs of aging are. The injections provide quick results, so you are able to see improvements almost immediately following your treatment. Your dermatologist may want to follow up with you a couple of weeks following your injection to see how the procedure went and how happy you are with your results. At this point you can get a touch up if needed or discuss next steps to maintain your results.
If you are interested in learning more about Juvederm Fillers and have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of professionals today at Advanced Cosmetics Medi Spa. We are here to help your inner beauty shine with our enhanced treatments for rejuvenated skin and body. We serve clients from Bayonne NJ, Jersey City NJ, Hoboken NJ, Elizabeth NJ, Newark NJ, and Hillside NJ.